Step two...

The next phase of online self indulgence.
I made the mistake of monkeying around with my original BLOG located here http://here2ventandwine.blogspot.com/ and ruining it.
I am useless.
I am starting over..and here we go.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Guitar Neurosis

I love semi-hollow body guitars and I would like to own all of them.
Like I mean every single one in the entire world including different types of the same model.

 My current guitar is a very cool instrument and I still enjoy playing it but... It is time for another.
 The problem is...well, there are two problems really... I have very little mad money right now and even if I was ready to make a purchase I would have a hard time deciding.
 There are some really cool guitars out there right now. I am kind of bored today ..and financially frustrated ...so here is my dream list.


  Harrison Guitars 
 Doug Harrison is a builder out of Toronto ON...a home boy..which really does make a difference to me.
 I am not exactly a patriot but I do feel some Canadian pride once in a while.
 I hate hockey and the fact that a country like Egypt can oust a dictator but we can't even control our elected officials shames me.
 I do drink a lot of beer and companies like Sleemans and Creemore are top shelf indeed.
I reek of back bacon most days and am a great fan of Beaver ..which is our national symbol.
 I do my part on a daily basis to represent ...in my own way.
 Bottom line is Doug seems like a cool guy ...his guitars are dead sexy and right up my alley.
 It would be great to own a great Canadian built guitar. This latest guitar that he has built makes me crazy. The amber tint on the 'blistered' Maple top is just sumptuous.
... a masterpiece. 


 It is for sale...sigh...to the tune of about 5 grand before the blood sucking government takes theirs ...I've got right around 2 grand I could throw at this thing without signing a matrimonial death warrant.
 Max Millions this week on the Super 7
 Beautiful guitar though.
Matt Artinger 
is another builder who lives in PA I believe.
 He has become a household name when it comes to "Boutique Guitars" and rightfully so.
 One of the coolest things about him is that he doesn't want to build the same thing over and over.
 Each of his offerings to the guitar world are unique and the result of collaboration between his creative mind and the players needs.
 I like the sound of that. Here are some of his guitars that haunt me.

Kurt Rosenwinkel is one of the heaviest dudes on the planet...and like a pure victim I want the guitars that he plays.
 Kind of like ...I could dunk if only I had a pair of air jordans...
 Well maybe not quite that stupid..
 Here he is playing a Roger Sadowsky Semi Hollow guitar...I dig the sound..a lot.
 These Guitars are not quite as "Custom" but they are not as expensive either....Like, they will still set me back about 4 grand but that is still a grand in the pocket and probably a better resale value if I ever get the fidgets again....which ,...really ...whos kidding who...
 This will probably be the way I roll
Kurt also plays a Dangelico New Yorker.
These guitars are still made but only off shore now...Korea to specific....
The reviews are very good and I could pick one of these up right now and probably only have to sleep on the couch with the kleenex box for a couple of weeks.

 Thorton guitars
  are gorgeous too ...particularly this one ...but for some reason they don't look all that comfortable.
 The deep cutaway at the bottom of the neck seems like a good idea although I would need to take a trip to Maine to try it out.
The classic Gibson 335
  is an option and probably the safest bet. I used to own one and regret selling it.
I doubt that it is as good as the guitar that I own now but it would be a highly functioning different flavour that would hold its value relatively well.
Cool guitars that you can play any style of music on...just a classic design.
Lots of the above for sale on ebay...and it would be cool to order a guitar off ebay just so I could say I did. \
Collings Guitars
 out of Austin TX make their own version of the 335 called the 'I35 Deluxe'.
These guitars are works of art but are about 3 to 3.5 x the price of the Gibsons...that is a bit offside...unless you have crazy money....some people do. I don't.
:o/

 The guitar I currently have is here with me playing it...

It has its flaws and some days I want to throw it through the wall...but I am flawed as well.
 After all this typing I think it is time to crack a beer and plug that thing in.
Guitars are cool...

1 comment:

  1. Nice entry you bag lick pos! I told you..the guitar for you is the BC Rich Warlock. Street Credd brother...you need Street Cred.
    I understand you desire. I friggin love beautiful guitars as well and I can't play to save my life. You deserve one. You really do. Now grow some nutts, work some OT, Squirrel it away, and order one some day.
    When are you gonna dry up your vagina and come over and fish! My extended hand is getting heavy.

    ReplyDelete