Step two...

The next phase of online self indulgence.
I made the mistake of monkeying around with my original BLOG located here http://here2ventandwine.blogspot.com/ and ruining it.
I am useless.
I am starting over..and here we go.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Come on..

Well here is a new Beer.



I might as well post about beer....the rivers are shit.

Rain, rain and more rain. That's been the theme this year and I am tired of it.




I have had three really good trips to the river...one that was truly amazing.

The 'Amazing Trip' just happened to be the first trip of the year solo.







I dared to hope that it would set the tone to an outstanding season of consistent fishy greatness but it's been a wee bit less than that.

We've caught fish on the few trips in that we've forced but the task of fighting through less than ideal conditions leaves me a little unsatisfied.
.. to say the least.




So we wait..and savour the moderate success ..

It is so easy to get spoiled.

Beer...





There have been a lot of new contenders this year and I admit that there has been a real shift in the Top Ten.

I still follow Creemore with something akin to a religious fervour but there were times this summer when beers like Hogsback and Rockcut were wearing the crown for sure.

Creemore is really not my first choice in the summer months but it is quintessential for the Fall.

...and too be honest...even though it is 09:13 right now...just typing this is making crave one.

That's something.  lol

Lugtread was introduced to me by a good friend and fellow alcoholic.


It is hard to track down but I have to believe that it has a promising future.
Highly recommended.

I have been playing guitar like a mad fool and my sound is awesome. It makes me want to be a better player and god knows I am trying.




I still love the guitar I am playing but I may grab something else in the new year if for no other reason than to provide a dangling carrot to help me get through what is sure to be a very trying winter.



Might make a road trip to Dave's Guitar Shop in WI with a pocket full of mad money and just see what jumps out at me.



I've never done that sort of thing before and the store itself is an industry icon with the owners very impressive personal collection on display.
Worth the trip in my mind...but as always...we'll see.

Dangling carrots are like that...

If the rain ever stops I may actually get some more fish up here, although on the last trip I left the camera at home.

It was kind of liberating.



1 comment: